cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.0 on win2000 mixed mode server

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

Installed ACS 3.0 on a win2K server domain controller running in mixed mode. Any issues with changing over to native mode and also authenticating users from other domains that are also moving to native mode. As you can tell, not much Microsoft experience with Active Directories here. I have read the field Notice relating to bug CSCdy18833 regarding authentication failure from member servers and ensuring AD permissions are in place, but anything else I need to be aware of?

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not really, the bug and associated fixes in the Field Notice are the main thing. Once you get that sorted out everything should work fine for you.

Concerning this Field Notice, I experienced a similar problem when I tried to authenticate users from another domain.

We achieved to find out the problem. First, the server tries to find the PDC of the other domain (DNS request : _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.domain). The DNS

server answer with the full name and IP address. But afterwards, instead of using the DNS answer, the server make a new request with the PCD name

and appending its own domain. The DNS request fails, and the user is not authenticated. A workaround consists in chaging the DNS search-list for the server, but I'm intersted if anyone had a better solution, or if Cisco and/or Microsoft could fix that.