Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.1 eval before migration...

paulturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi experts,

I have just received this from the partner:

'We have a critical case with Vodafone Egypt, they have a deployed Cisco ACS 4.1 but now it’s down due to hardware failure, they need to deploy a Cisco ACS virtual appliance as a temp solution till they finish their migration, so we are seeking your support to provide a temp license for Cisco ACS virtual appliance for about 1000 nodes.'

I have made them fully aware of ACS EOS/EOL. Is there anything that we can do for them in this situation?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Building such an old system is harder than you might think. I had a customer recently with the same request.  Cisco doesn't have such old media lying around.  And I don't blame them.  Even if you could get your hands on an ACS 4.1 .iso (google is your friend ;-) then you'll face lots of other challenges with installing the ancient Windows OS, and worst of all, the AD integration is a nightmare.  You're going into a time warp and it's not pretty.

Better off downloading ISE 2.2 eval and using the resources at hand to build a modern system.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Building such an old system is harder than you might think. I had a customer recently with the same request.  Cisco doesn't have such old media lying around.  And I don't blame them.  Even if you could get your hands on an ACS 4.1 .iso (google is your friend ;-) then you'll face lots of other challenges with installing the ancient Windows OS, and worst of all, the AD integration is a nightmare.  You're going into a time warp and it's not pretty.

Better off downloading ISE 2.2 eval and using the resources at hand to build a modern system.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACS 4.1 is no longer supported for many years and has no eval licensing option.

Arne is correct. ISE provides T+ since 2.0 so should be used for eval instead.

Arne/hslai,

Many thanks for the quick responses. The partner has asked if they can use an ACS 5.8 OVA with eval license for 1000 nodes instead as part of the migration. I have suggested using ISE to do the eval, just covering both angles.

Thanks again,

Paul