Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.1 in new mcs server

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Folks

we Bough new mcs server in order to install ACS 4.1,now acs is running on normal PC and its fully configured , so now i want to back up the acs database and the configuration file in order to install it in the new server

so how to do that

4 Replies 4

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can take a backup of the ACS database from system configuration > ACS backup.

It will be stored on teh location mentioned in the settings of the same.

By default it is stored in Drive:/program files/ cisco secure ACS4.1/CSAuth/system backups

The following link explains the same

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/SCBasic.html#wp222373

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this post as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Hi Anisha

Alrady i have backed up the acs database,but i found it as .dmp file,why is that?

How to integrare ACS with Ms Active directory

Also i read the below in the link you provided,what this file i should to backup to another place in the hard drive

ACS for Windows
The ACS Backup feature provides the option to back up your user and group databases, and your ACS
system configuration information to a file on the local hard drive. We recommend that you copy the files
to the hard drive on another computer in case the hardware fails on the primary system.

Hi,

The backup file is always a .dmp file.

The reason it is asked to backup to a different location is in case the primary location has some trouble in accessing then we should have a copy. Actually one should create multiple coopies of teh backup and store them in different locations i.e. atleast 2 diffrenet locations.

in order to integrate the ACS with AD please follow the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/user/UsrDb.html#wp353636

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

Thanks Anisha