Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2.1.15 patch 4 installation

guzman.barrio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm having a problem when I try to install the patch 4 in a Windows ACS 4.2.1.  When I began the installation process, after I confirm that version 4.2.1 is installed, the installation window disapear and never receive a message from the OS.

If I check the installed version in the ACS web page, the upgrade doesn't appear. After reload the server I can see an error message for the previous installation process and I can't see information in the installation log.

Some one can help me?

Regards,

Guzmán

4 Replies 4

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you please articulate the error message and which logs are you looking at?

Regards,

Anisha

Hi Anisha,

There is no error message, the DOS window dissapear and the patch installation never ends.

The only error that can see is when I restart the server and Windows show an error window.

I have read the patch installation Readme and the following point indicates the logs location:

11. The command window will show minimal information on what’s happening. For detailed logs please locate AcsPatchInstall.log in the root folder of . On applying the next patch this log gets overwritten.

Hi Anisha,

I have found the problem, you need a Windows user with administrator privileges to install the patch.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Guzmán.

Hi,

That is a great news. Glad the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Anisha