cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 authenticating Mac Addresses

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I have a couple of WLCs that I have configured to use mac authetication and using ACS 4.2 as the mac address database.  Both controllers are using the same shared key for ACS.  ACS has both WLCs configured.  I have double checked the configurations and know that they are correct.

WLC a will authenticate just fine.  WLC b will not authenticate the mac addresses.  ACS reports ACS password invalid.  I know that this cannot be the case because WLC a works just fine.  Both WLC's run 7.0.98 code.

Anyone have any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The username that is being sent in the passed authentications as compared to the failed attempts are the same? I am curious to see if the WLC a and WLC b are both set to "colon" for the mac delimiter.

Also can you run the debugs on both controllers to compare the output between the two:

debug aaa all

debug mac addr

Thanks,

Doh!    I found it.  Under securiy, there is a mac address menu and the server was set to other instead of ACS.  All fixed now.  Figured it had to be something simple.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: