Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 privileges

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

Very new to ACS 4.2,

• Just replaced switches with new model and need to configure the device authentication, authorization with ACS 4.1 and also enable password should be authenticated in ACS .
  • I have some helpdesk user to whom i need to give show and some of the configuration command access,

How can i achieve the above, any configuration example please route me.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Setting TACACS+ Enable Password Options for a User

When setting the TACACS+ Enable Password Options for a user, you can use:

ACS PAP password.

External database password.

A separate password.

To set the options for the TACACS+ Enable password:

Step 1 Perform Step 1 through Step 3 of Adding a Basic User Account.

The User Setup Edit page opens. The username that you add or edit appears at the top of the page.

Step 2 Select a password option:

To use the information that is configured in the Password Authentication section, select Use Cisco Secure PAP password.

Note For information about basic password setup, see Adding a Basic User Account.

To use an external database password, select Use external database password, and then choose the database that authenticates the enable password for this user.

Note The list of databases displays only the databases that you have configured. For more information, see About External User Databases.

To use a separate password, click Use separate password, and then type and retype to confirm a control password for this user. This password is used in addition to the regular authentication.

Step 3 To continue to specify other user account options, perform the required steps. See the other procedures in this section, as applicable.

Step 4 If you are finished configuring the user account options, click Submit to record the options.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4-2/user/guide/ACS4_2UG/UsrMgt.html#wpxref14440