Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0 compatibility issue with Aruba wireless controller

trfunite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Recently i tried to deploy Cisco ACS 5.0 as the radius server for my aruba controller when i try doing a test i encounter the below message. Is it due to compatibility issue between Cisco ACS 5.0 and Aruba? Could someone please advise me? Thanks a lot.

Failure Reason > Authentication Failure Reason Lookup
Failure Reason :
11021 RADIUS could not decipher password. packet missing necessary attributes
Generated on:May 10, 2011 9:02:32 AM UTC
Description
RADIUS could not decipher password because the packet does not have the necessary attributes
Resolution Steps
Check whether the network device or AAA Client has any known RADIUS compatibility issues

Regards

Malcum Teo

2 Replies 2

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

ACS 5.0 was released a couple years back. Since the 5.0 build there have been a few patches released and several releases; latest of which is ACS 5.2

There have been fixes in this area and it may we resolve your issue. hard to identify a specific issue but may be:

CSCsy17858: Incorrect handling of Tunnel-Type & Tunnel-Client-Endpoint attrs

If your deployment is new and you little configuraton you could consider just installing ACS 5.2. Would need to install the full ISO and can be downloaded from CCO. Otherwise can install patches for ACS 5.0 (latest with fixes is 5.0.0.21.8 and may upgrade later

I am running into the same issue and I am running the 5.2 version of ACS - Version 5.2.0.26

Works fine on 3.3 which has been EOL for years and the Aruba controller is the only reason why I cannot retire this old version of ACS.