cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0 Limiting Access to specific device

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody point me in the right direction...

I'm running ACS5.0 and i want to take 10 users and give them specific show command capability to 4 specific switches without affecting any other policy that I have in place presently and not let them view any other device in the network...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Bruce

2 Replies 2

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, I didnt mention I'm running ACS 5.0 on an appliance...Not the windows version....

Bruce

Bruce,

There are a couple of different ways you can accomplish this.  You can put those 4 specific devices in an NDG then as part of you authorization rule only allow those 10 users to access that NDG.  On your rules page will can use the customize button on the bottom right of the rules page to add NDG:Device Type or NDG:Device Location or other NDG to your page.  Alternatively you could also use a compound condition rule and check for NDG and group mapping.  You will probably have to create a second rule to deny those users from the rest of your devices.

--Jesse

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: