cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1.0.44 Connectivity

estadlercisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ACS 5.1 Server running in a VM environment.

I also am using NPS as a backup to ACS5. Occasionally ACS5 stops responding to any auth requests, pings

etc...

I am able to console in and see that the routing table is empty at this point and the server cannot ping anything on its own subnet.

Then I reconfigure the Gig0 interface with the same IP Address, and mask ACS restarts all the services and it is back up and running. No reboot. I checked the services before configuring the interface and there is only one that was not running and that was the view-loggprocessor.

Here is a snippet of the error output i get when the box is not functioning properly:

Ethernet Configuration lost, cannot invoke ping command.

Error invoking ping for the provided host.

no routes in table. ethernet configuration shows in running but unable to parse ethernet interfaces.

No IP Address assigned to Eth0. TRying eth1

view-loggprocessor service failed all others are running.

Does anyone know if this is a bug and an upgrade will fix it or could there be a configuration issue?

Thanks in advance

Eric

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Did you configure static MAC address on VMware NIC?

If not, would you please to use static MAC to see if it can fix the issue.

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you tell me if you changed the IP/MAC address on that server? This sounds very similar to an issue that I faced some time ago when we moved our office and I had to re-IP the server. We changed the IP/MAC and everything seeemed to work fine but all of the sudden the netwok interface would stop working. I had to go to it and perform a manualy shut/no shut to get it going.

After working with TAC, were were able to isolate the issue. For some reason the old MAC was stuck in the "ifconfig" in Linux. The only way to fix it was by installing rootpatch on the server and using VI edditor to get the changes done.

Also, you should really move to 5.2. There are a lot of issues/bugs that get fixed.