cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

ACS 5.1 install on VMWare Workstation

Trying to install ACS 5.1 on VMWare Workstation 6.5 getting acs traceback kickstart error, originally setup a SCSI 650GB drive which CentOS didn't recognize, changed drive to IDE but getting different error now.

speciified disk sda in partition command which does not exist

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.1/installation/guide/csacs_vmware.html

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor

Attached screen shot is what I get when I add a 650GB SCSI disk;

Highlighted

Made it a 80DB IDE (vs SCSI) virtual disk and get past it detecting 0GB for disk space during setup.

However then i get a Traceback :kickstart.KickstartValueError: specified disk sda in partition command which does not exist

Highlighted

Jason,

I just ran into the same issue you're experiencing. After playing around, i found out that when creating the VM, if you choose the SCSI disk (with > 60GB capacity, no need to allocate space) and the LSI Logic adaptor (not Buslogic!) it works perfectly.

Regards,

Cristian Venegas

Channel Systems Engineer

Cisco Chile

Highlighted

Worked like a charm...

Highlighted

Thanks Cristian :) this solution solved also " the LSI Logic adaptor (not Buslogic!) "