cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 Patch 4 Question

Paul Williams
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, may be a dumb question....when I download the patch file from the Cisco website it indicates that its a .GPG file, however when the download completes it appears as a .TAR.TAR file....am I meant to rename this? Or am I meant to unpack it in some way, every unpack utility I try says that the file contains no archives, or is incomplete or corrupt!

If there is a document that details how to install the patches please could someone post the link.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cam Le
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

This is a browser issue. You need to rename the file back to the extension .gpg (the original name of the patch file) for a successful patch installation later. In other words, the installation will fail if you leave the patch name with the .tar.tar extension.

As for your question about how to install the patch, it's in the patch readme file that you would see a link "Readme for ACS to download the patch file itself. Here's the link to the readme file for 5.1.0.44.4 cumulative patch". Click on that link to open the readme file before you click on button "Proceed with Download" to download the patch file.

Here's the readme file for patch 4 of ACS 5.1.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282766937/28141/Acs-5-1-0-44-4-Readme.html

Regards,

Cam.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Cam Le
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

This is a browser issue. You need to rename the file back to the extension .gpg (the original name of the patch file) for a successful patch installation later. In other words, the installation will fail if you leave the patch name with the .tar.tar extension.

As for your question about how to install the patch, it's in the patch readme file that you would see a link "Readme for ACS to download the patch file itself. Here's the link to the readme file for 5.1.0.44.4 cumulative patch". Click on that link to open the readme file before you click on button "Proceed with Download" to download the patch file.

Here's the readme file for patch 4 of ACS 5.1.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282766937/28141/Acs-5-1-0-44-4-Readme.html

Regards,

Cam.

Yep - I saw that file - but it was the .tar to .gpg that threw me.....I was using IE to download it, I suspect thats what was causing the renaming.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Paul,

Yes, it's the problem with IE. I believe Firefox doesn't have that problem. Have a great day!

Regards,

Cam.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: