cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer" not working

mlangguth
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to view the logs on the ACS server via the web interface.  When I click on "Launch Monitoring & Report Viewer", it opens a new window and I get the error "cannot display the webpage".  This happens on both Firefox and IE.  The URL it's trying to load is this:  https://x.x.x.x/acsadmin/ReportsRedirectorAction.do

These are relatively new boxes so I don't know if I missed some config bit somewhere to enable that utility or what.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

23 Replies 23

Waris Hussain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Which patch level you are? Can you login to CLI and run command sh application status acs make sure all are in running state.

Is it possible to stop and start application and see if there is any difference.

Thanks

Waris Hussain.

We are at 5.1.0.44.

When I console into the device and run 'sh application acs status', all three are "running".

This appliance is not the primary instance.  Does that make a difference?  The report viewer works on the primary instance but doesn't seem to work on the other appliances that I've checked so far.  I just want to make sure it's not something I enabled on the first box and not on the others.

Thanks,

I had the issue in ACS 5.1 no patch and it was fixed after reboot and after applying patch three it didnt showed up. The only difference is i had a standalone ACS.Who is the log collector in your setup?

Let me know if you can apply patch here is the link for that :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282773289&flowid=4409&softwareid=282766937&release=5.1.0.44&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

here is the procedure to apply patch 3 ( on both primary and secondary)

downlaod the file : 5-1-0-44-3.tar.gpg

and place the file in the FTP server in your enviroment

Login to the ACS CLI :

Create a repository:

acs/admin(config)# repository myrepository

#

acs/admin(config-Repository)# url sftp://starwars.test.com/repository/system1

#

acs/admin(config-Repository)# user luke password skywalker

#

acs/admin(config-Repository)# exit

then run this command : 

acs patch install patch-name.tar.gpg repository repository-name

#
Installing an ACS patch requires a restart of ACS services.
Would you like to continue? yes/no

Thanks
Waris Hussain.

Thanks for the response.

We don't have any external syslog collector set up wit these.  We're uing the internal logging currently.

The boxes aren't in production so it won't be an issue getting them patched.  Once I do I'll let you know if that corrected anything.

Thanks,

EDIT:  I looked at the download link you posted and see there are 4 and 5 patches as well.  Should I just apply the latest one or in keeping with Cisco rhetoric, stay two levels below the current release? 

I patched all 10 systems with patch #3 today and it's still the same thing.  Is that a consequence of having a primary/secondary setup -- Where the secondary appliances lose the ability to run the log viewer from the web interface?

Thanks,

Can you verify that the ACS name is resolveable i see a bug in ACS with similar issue CSCtg77168

Symptom:-

We get page cannot be displayed when trying to get the support bundle from web
interface in ACS  5.1. i.e When we click on menu option in monitoring and
report viewer, a pop-up box comes up and we get "Page cannot be displayed".
This happens when the ACS name is not able to resolve itself. Even when you use
the IP address, the browser looks for the ACS server entry in DNS.

Conditions:-
when the ACS is not able to resolve the name and even if you use the IP
address, the browser looks for the ACS server entry in DNS.

Workaround:-

1) use CLI to get the logs
2) Add the name of the ACS server in the DNS Or can add it to
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts of the machine that runs the browser.

I added the systems to the /etc/hosts file on my laptop and it still doesn't work.  The one thing I'm wondering is if the processes have anything to do with it.

On our primary box, and the one we can view logs with the event viewer, we have the following:

bltacs01/admin# sh application stat acs

ACS role: PRIMARY

Process 'database'                  running
Process 'management'                running
Process 'runtime'                   running
Process 'view-database'             running
Process 'view-jobmanager'           running
Process 'view-alertmanager'         running
Process 'view-collector'            running
Process 'view-logprocessor'         running

On the appliance that is one the secondary servers:

lbcacs01/admin# sh app status acs

ACS role: SECONDARY

Process 'database'                  running
Process 'management'                running
Process 'runtime'                   running

Every other secondary appliance has the same three processes running.  Does not having the "view-logprocessor" or some other process affect viewing logs locally on the secondary devices?

Thanks,

Your Primary has become your default log collector when you joined the secondaries to it.

View all your logs from the Primary.

jk

jkiehnle@comcast.net

Your Primary has become your default log collector when you joined the secondaries to it.

View all your logs from the Primary.

jk

Hrm.  So if the primary server goes down for whatever reason, will we be able to launch the log viewer on the secondary systems?

It Looks like running an external syslog server would be the only way to ensure you get all of the logs in the event of the primary appliance having some hardware failure.

Thanks,

Yes, you are correct.  I would move the log server to a secondary so the primary does not have all the work load.  But yes, if you want to keep the log server info in the event the box doing the logging goes down, you need an external log server.

Dear Waris,

i hope every thing is running well with you,

i know it too old post here but i just faced a similar problem here when i finished installing the ACS 5.2.0.26 on my PC and I checked that every thing is running Ok by using the comands

ACS/admin # show app status acs

ACS/admin# ping 192.168.1.66 (my PC's IP)

and also i did ping from my PC to The ACS installed from VMware

PC # ping 192.1681.250

All is running good.

But the problem is showed up when I'm starting to use the Internet Explorer to manage my ACS through it,  http://192.168.1.250/

I got "

This page can’t be displayed
  • Make sure the web address http://192.168.1.250 is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
So what is the missing Part  ?
For your Information I'm a self student and this my first time to use the ACS and not have any real experience at work..
just studies , labs ...etc
I use only my PC no external devices ..
So if there any help I'd be appreciated ....
Note:i found at the zipped file downloaded from 4shared.com
these files:
acs_v5.2.0.26_any_server.iso,
5-2-0-26-3.tar.gpg,
acs50base.lic,
default_password.txt,
waiting your reply..
Regards..

jkiehnle
Level 1
Level 1

BTW... why not just goto 5.2

I like it much better than 5.1... more stable... less issues.

hope that helps...

jk

Hello

I have the same type of issue in our 5.0 ACS and were unable to get the monitoring page.. you fixed the issue or still having the same.. after upgrading to 5.1 ???

shams.ahmad wrote:

Hello

I have the same type of issue in our 5.0 ACS and were unable to get the monitoring page.. you fixed the issue or still having the same.. after upgrading to 5.1 ???

Apparently you can only view logs on the primary instance.