Helpful
Replies

[ACS 5.2.0.26.10] System Alarm - Database Purging

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On Cisco ACS 5.2.0.26 Patch 10, I got this system alarm:

Incremental backup is not configured. Configuring incremental backup is necessary to make the database purge successful. This will help to avoid disk space issues. View database Size is 2.92GB and size it occupies on the harddisk is 2.91GB

In  "Monitoring Configuration >  System Operations >     Data Management >     Removal and Backup", we got this information:

Database Purging:

If database size exceeds 120 GB, a backup (if configured) and purge will be initiated. If database size exceeds 150 GB, a purge will be initiated.

Could View database size reach 120 GB ?

I want to know how long will Cisco ACS works without problem and if I need to hurry to configure purge...

Thanks for your help,

Patrick

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Patrick,

ACS will automatically purge the database once it hits 150GB without incremental backups configured, but you must have an nfs repository for this to occur. You can configure ftp for incremental and full database backup while it is slow.

To answer you last question it depends how much logging is being logged by the ACS server, if the db is growing 2.92 GB and its been in service for a week than i would strong suggest setting up an nfs repository in order to make this much better down the road.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi Tarik,

Thanks for your answer.

You said that I must have an nfs repository for purge to occur.

I have planned to configure a FTP repository. Will the purge occur anyway?

Best regards,

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: