Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.2 hangs on connecting with MS AD at random intervals

danielfycosta
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have a simple ASA, ACS, AD schema for RA VPN authentication. All is working for a few months now, but since the initial deployment we have this connectivty issue regarding ACS and MS AD. At random intervals, 1 month/1 week, the ACS connection status becomes "DISCONNECTED" although the CLI shows that ad client is running. But because of that, no RA VPNs can be authenticated. Clock is not a problem, since it didn't change automatically nor was manually configured prior to the malfunction.

What do I do to fix this? 

I change the domain name, from the currently working xx.com, to cisco.com for instance, so I can get an error message. Then I set the correct domain name again and click on "Test Connection" until I get a successful message so I can press Save Changes. That usually takes 10-15 tries.

After some research I've noticed a LOT of people have this same problem, even on ACS 5.3. I was wondering if anybody has an oficial solution. I'm not sure how to see the log messages on the ACS itself for further troubleshooting on this matter, but since a simple procedure like the above solves the problem, I'm thinking of a bug. And because of that, I'll apply the latest patch 5.2.0.26 (10) tonight, hoping it solves this odd behaviour.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Daniel

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sub board is for Wireless Security Questions.

You would be better served to move this question to the Security > VPN boards

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the tip. I've moved to the Security > AAA section now 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: