Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 Secondary instance logs missing

ciaranjmurphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a dual appliance set up; with a distributed deployment. I am using my primary box as the log collector and I noticed today that if I point a networking device at my secondary instance for authentications nothing shows up in the logs anyway, despite the authentication being successful.

I was under the impression that any authentication requests to either the primary or secondary instance should be forwarded to the designated log collector and be viewable in the monitoring & reports viewer, is this not the case?

Regards

Ciaran

5 Replies 5

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ciaran,

Are these nodes on the same subnet and is there a firewall configured between them? Also are they on the same patch level? Are these virtual machines or appliances?

Thanks

Tarik Admani

Thanks guys, managed to get to the bottom of this. The rule updates I had requested were incorrectly implemented on one of the firewalls so the messages were being blocked.

Thanks again

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you see the secondary up and reachable from the primary? Do configuration changes to the primary reflected successfully on the secondary?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi ,

We also have same deployment. one question about this.

we have secondary as collector. what  happend if secondary goes down. or we make primary as log collector. what happed to log which were stored in secondary.

Does it replicate from secondary to primary  oR we need to copy from one to other ACS

Thanks & Regares

A.N

Hi,

There is an operation where you can perform backups of your monitoring data. Please use this guide as a reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/user/guide/viewer_sys_ops.html

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: