Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.6 intergration with Windows AD

Hi All,

kindly help me to integrate  Cisco ACS5.6 to AD. Now I am migrating Cisco ACS4.2 to 5.6.

What type of Account & should be created in Windows AD for the integration. Whether this account should support 128 Bit password.

Also the user should be under which user group.

Regards,

Arun

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Arun-

Here are the requirements for the ACS AD account:

Enter the username of a predefined AD user. An AD account which is required for the domain access in ACS, should have either of the following:

- Add workstations to the domain user in the corresponding domain.

- Create Computer Objects or Delete Computer Objects permission on corresponding computers container where ACS machine's account is precreated (created before joining ACS machine to the domain).

- Cisco recommends that you disable the lockout policy for the ACS account and configure the AD infrastructure to send alerts to the administrator if a wrong password is used for that account. This is because, if you enter a wrong password, ACS will not create or modify its machine account when it is necessary and therefore possibly deny all authentications.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-5/user/guide/acsuserguide/users_id_stores.html

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Can you please help me with maximum character supported for the password

I believe that is 50 characters

Thank you for rating helpful posts!