Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.7.0.15.1 High CPU Alert

Carlos Reyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since yesterday I've been getting some High CPU alerts from our ACS appliance. We have a 5-7-0-15-1 version, but I havent been able to identify what is consuming all the CPU. Does anybody know how to identify what is consuming the CPU in this type of devices? the reports or the logs that come with the ACS doesn´t show any clear information.

Thank you.

Regards.

Carlos

3 Replies 3

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

I also have the same issue with 5.7.0.15.1 on appliance. did you find root cause of the problem. I am unable to find it.

awysocki
Level 1
Level 1

Add me to the pool. I tried stopping and starting the process. It's down to 83%, but normally runs 0.74%. I ran the show tech-support command and sifted through it, and the CPU actually looks low, however, I'm not sure if that's where the stats are reading from. I'll let it run for a bit, and if the CPU doesn't drop, I'll open a case.

awysocki
Level 1
Level 1

Follow up, after I opened a tac case, I provided some debug information, but the TAC engineer was unable to find anything concrete as to the source of the issue. It appears something may have spiked the CPU,, however, the CPU in fact dropped back down to normal rates shortly after the initial spike. However, the reporting module was holding on to some high value, and thus reporting incorrectly. In the ACS instance report, I would see the CPU drop 1% each hour for the device until it now has finally recovered to it's normal level. So no real answer, but the high CPU in the report was actually a false reading after the fact.