cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.8 - Identity Store, LDAP and Internal User

Beaver928
Level 1
Level 1

I setup an ACS 5.8 which the Identity Store, first authentication is the LDAP, next is Internal User. In order to test if the Internal User will kick in, we block the LDAP in the firewall. On the log, there's an error in the for the LDAP server and the,  Internal User match the policy. When I SSH the router, I key in the username, then it ask for a password, suddenly hangs for a few seconds, asking again the password. As I said, the Internal User matches the policy. No error on the logs. What is the problem here? Why it's accepting the password wherein it said in the log, matched the policy?

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you eventually through with the authentication or it keep asking for the password ? In the screen shot it says you matched the default rule. Run the tcpdump, use the T+ shared secret key to decrypt the traffic and look at T+ response. If you want, you can attach the capture here and send me the key in private.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

How can I send your the TCPdump and the logs? It's confidential, I don't want to post it here.