Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5 certification validation

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Dear All,

I want ACS 5 to authenticate the wireless users validating each user with a certificate. The ACS is connected to the AD but, is it possible to do that using user/password from the certificate?, i need to do that with certificate and independant of the AD certificates of each user, so it will be scalable.

How i can do that?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you plz clarify more?

You can use certificates on users to authenticate (use eap-tls) and you can configure users to use username from certificate.

Is this what you wanted to know?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Yes I do

From the client that connects you need to choose what username to use: from certificate or not. in case not from certificate you have to provide the username and the password (either saved or on the propmt everytime you connect).

On windows 7 for example I think it uses the username in the certificate by default unless you specify that you want to user independent username and password:

From my nokia device I have the choise to choose if I want to use the username from the certificate or not. In case not from certificate I have to provide the username and the password.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: