Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS - Change Windows Remote Agent Selection

Remo Vicars
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've recently tried to change my Primary Remote Agent from ACS to another configure Remote Agent. it's available and in the same domain.

This works well but I lose All my Database group Mappings when doing so..

The Domain disappears from the list and \DEFAULT is left alone.

How can I change my Primary Remote agent without losing my Domain mappings. I have over 300 mappings defined.

Thanks,

Remo

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Remo,

Based on the user guide for the remote agent, the database group mapping is anchored by the messaging received from the CSWinAgent. It seems as if you do not setup a cluster (primary and secondary) that this mapping will be lost when you add another RA.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/3.3/installation/guide/remote_agent/rawo.html#wp220187

CSWinAgent

The CSWinAgent service is included only in the Windows remote agent. It  is the service that supports Microsoft Windows authentication. It is  controlled by CSAgent but it receives authentication requests from  appliances directly on the ports it is configured to listen to. It  supports authentication of users and machines, user password changes,  and retrieval of group memberships. CSWinAgent makes no decisions about  user access. Instead, it passes the results of its Microsoft Windows  queries on to the appliance initiating the query.

I dont mean to "kick you" while you are down but this what makes ACS 5.x more favorable you it is policy based so you dont have to map groups anymore.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*