cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS encryption password

Ruben Estrada
Level 1
Level 1

We recently experienced a power outage that corrupted my old ACS 1113 appliance.  I restored the image and am now attempting to restore from the backups.  The backups are encrypted as you can see in the file name "ACS-13-feb-2015-10-18-13e.dmp".  We do not have the correct encryption password.  Is there anyway to remove the encryption from the backup to proceed with the restore?  Any assist would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ruben Estrada

3 Replies 3

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Ruben,

I am afraid, there is no way to break the encryption. However you can still contact TAC support to see if they have any mechanism to break the encryption.

Minakshi(do rate the helpful post)

Minakshi,

Thanks for your reply.  This is a 1113 appliance that has reached its End of Life support.  Unfortunately when speaking the TAC they informed me that they would be unable to assist because it is end of life.  I don't need assistance with the appliance itself,  just on the encrypted backup.  Is there a department at Cisco that can assist me with that?  Again just the file not the EOL appliance.

Hey

I udnerstand  your concern here, But you can use any other support contract to open tciket with Cisco TAC and ask for their help. 

Because may be developers would be the last hope here, who can help you with it. Or there wont be much choice. 

Lastly I would say,Try hit n trial method for the password as you can try as many times as you can to unlock the password.

Minakshi(Rate the helpful posts)