cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS log Configuration

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

we have ACS 4.2. THings are working fine. I want to have the ACS logs to the external server

as well as want to keep the log on the ACS for more than six months. Currently logs showing

only for the one month but not more than that.

I am not able to find any log file size option in the ACS log settings.

Please let me know how to increase the log size and duration in ACS and how to send these

logs to the external server location automatically.

Waiting for the reply.

11 Replies 11

Bastien Migette
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

To modify the logging storage, you have to go to system configuration / service control. In this menu you can define how many log file you want to keep, as well as when do you rotate them...

Hope this help.

Hi

under service control panel there is no option to set the time and log size. Only log (Full, low and none is available).

I want to increase the log size as well as duration and also want to export the log to external Server periodically.

Hi,

What ACS version do you have ?

Here is what you should see on 4.2.1

Let me install patch 4 and check on my ACS.

Hello Wasiim,

are you running acs on an appliance, or on windows ? as per the documentation:

"Log File Management (ACS for Windows only)"

Hi,

THis is ACS solution engine CSACSE-1113-K9.

How to achive this feature in Appliance.

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this.

Hello Wasiim,

As I told you, you can't manage log file directly on ACS SE. You should rather use logging to external server, and manage log files on the remote server.

You can use a remote agent:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080193aa1.html

Or syslog server.

To configure syslog server, go into system configuration / logging, then configure the syslog IP for each type of log you want to send to the server by clicking the name under the syslog column.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Is there any option that I can take the backup of 7 most current log files on periodically. I am taking ACS backup on every night but I want to have one more backup of only log files (Excel format) separtely. Because syslogs messages are rough data lot of work is require to make is presentable in excel etc.

Please assist me how can i backup only logs files (excel formate).

Kindly assist me.

Hello Wasiim,

You can use remote agent feature (see my link above).

It stores files in CSV (at least accounting Data), which is readable with excel:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080193aa1.html#wp177681