Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS questions

kerai08
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

Customer is running ACS and wants to migrate from physical ACS server to virtual ACS software (hardware can't handle authentications anymore). 

I've shared that it is EoS, ISE is a better, supported, option etc but customer has somehow got his hands on a copy of the ACS software to virtualise (shouldn't be the case as it is EoS). 

Questions:

1. The EoL notice says end of service contract renewal (for application software) is Nov 2019. Does this apply in this case even if the customer bought the physical appliance SKU? I.e. it includes both the hardware and software together as one. Or does it apply to ACS VM only? 

2. If customer does a backup/restore from ACS server to ACS VM, do the license details also move across? I mentioned may need to 'rehost' licenses - will our portal allow this since ACS is EoS?

Thank you,

Arron

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On 1, End of Service Contract Renewal Date for HW is 2021-Nov-25. For more info, please post your question to ISE PM forum.

On 2, yes in my experience. Otherwise, re-host is an option.

View solution in original post

Http://cs.co/ise-help look under resources
Http://cs.co/ise-feedback is for non Cisco employees to get to the PM team, otherwise for Cisco internal http://cs.co/ise-pm

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On 1, End of Service Contract Renewal Date for HW is 2021-Nov-25. For more info, please post your question to ISE PM forum.

On 2, yes in my experience. Otherwise, re-host is an option.

kerai08
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi - where can I find the ISE PM forum? Thanks, Arron

Http://cs.co/ise-help look under resources
Http://cs.co/ise-feedback is for non Cisco employees to get to the PM team, otherwise for Cisco internal http://cs.co/ise-pm
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: