cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS RADIUS Certificate Access Workflow

jonasdiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends, I've been trying to deploy a ACS solution that includes Radius, connection with an AD database and Certificate-Based Access to the network but the documentation that I have found is very very vague and is getting a little bit complex for me to deploy it. I wonder if there's a guide or a better organize documentation about the diferent scenarios of configuration for the ACS solution. At least a workflow configuration document that has secuenced steps. Thanks in advance for your help.

PD: If any of you is involved with Cisco documentation I hope it serves as a suggestion and recommendation.

Atte. Jonás.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonas,

Please take a look into this doc:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13545.

It is a step-by-step guide to configure ACS for dot1x, installing certs on the ACs and integration with AD.

Regarding the Certificate based authnetication, there you need to be more specific on what EAP type you intend to use.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonas,

The real question is "what is happening on your clients ?".

Is it a 802.1x authentication system ? Is it VPN users ?

The methods available for authentication vary depending on this point.

Nicolas

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonas,

Please take a look into this doc:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13545.

It is a step-by-step guide to configure ACS for dot1x, installing certs on the ACs and integration with AD.

Regarding the Certificate based authnetication, there you need to be more specific on what EAP type you intend to use.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Hi Tiago, I want to implement MS-CHAPv2  Certificate-Based Auth. I'll give a look to the doc you mentioned before. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: