Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS REST API - Create/Update User with Attributes

andy.curtis1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently attempting to create users into our Cisco ACS V5.6.0.22.4, using the REST API services. I can create/update delete a user entry fine, but I seem to be totally failing at setting attribute values that already pre-defined within the ACS.

The service calls come back with an OK status 204 but the attribute is still blank when the user is viewed in the management site. Is it possible to set these attributes during the create transaction?

I have tried to update the user once create, and again this does not work either.

What am I missing here?

Here is the XML payload I an sending on create:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ns2:user xmlns:ns1="common.rest.mgmt.acs.nm.cisco.com" xmlns:ns2="identity.rest.mgmt.acs.nm.cisco.com">
  <description>Test SSO User</description>
  <identityGroupName>All Groups:SSO:Test</identityGroupName>
  <name>AndyCTest13</name>
  <ns1:attributeInfo>
    <ns1:AttributeInfo>
      <ns1:attributeName>Framed-IP-Address</ns1:attributeName>
      <ns1:attributeValue>172.172.123.123</ns1:attributeValue>
    </ns1:AttributeInfo>
  </ns1:attributeInfo>
  <changePassword>false</changePassword>
  <dateExceedsEnabled>false</dateExceedsEnabled>
  <enabled>true</enabled>
  <password>************</password>
</ns2:user>

Thanks

1 Reply 1

vthaluru
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

We must enable the web interface on ACS before you can use the REST web service. Can you please check on CLI "show acs-config-web-interface"  and it is not enabled ,then please enable "acs config-web-interface rest enable"

Do you have chance to create the Framed-IP-Address in the System Administration >Configuration >Dictionaries > Identity > Internal Users .

We need to create those attributes ,then we can update with REST API.

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: