cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS shutdown?

darrenj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I have 2 x ACS 1112 Solution Engines v 4.0. When I do a shutdown either through HTTP or the console, my understanding is that the ACS should eventually power itself off.

Having tried this on both ACSs a few times, this doesn't happen. There is no console message (not even - "Its safe to power-off this computer") and they are still powered-up as per normal operation.

Any ideas anyone as this is causing problems when I re-plug the power back in (services stop and don't restart properly!).

Has anyone seen this before? And better still, anyone any ideas why this happens and how to correct it?

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I think you are running into a bug here. the bug-Id is: CSCar04317

Many thanks Pengke11.

I'm still struggling with this so your reply is much appreciated. I've tried looking at the bug-id but it is not recognised. Have you mis-typed it?

Hope you can clarify

Hello all, finally think I've worked this one out. It seems to be related to bug CSCeh28800. When database replication is used (which I want to use), the services fail upon a reboot/restart.

Not sure where I go from here though, apart from not using the databse replication tool! It seems to me though that this is quite a useful tool..... I've looked on Cisco for software patches but had no luck :-(