Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS v5.1 View not showing full Admin Logs

rodmunch999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having trouble viewing all the Administration logs in ACS View. I have my Local Log Target set to a Maximum log retention period of 90 days. In ACS View I can display authentications that go back 90 days +

However when I try and display the "ACS_Configuration_Audit" in View and perform a Custom query that goes back 90 days it will only display about 35 days of Admin logs.

I know the logs are there because when I go into CLI and do a search like "show logging | i "ObjectType=Administrator Account" the Administration logs go back over a year.

Does anyone know why ACS View cannot display all the Admin logs?

The ACS is running v5.1.0.44 Patch 6 (Also experiencing this in a v5.2 ACS as well)

This the query we are running:

ACS View Query.JPG

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I wanted to let you know that there is a 100 page limit when viewing reports, the workaround as of now is to use filters specific to what you are looking for. You can use a remote sql database to dump your monitoring and logs to but there is a bug on this issue that will be addressed in the 5.3 release as of now.

Thanks,

Tarik

Hi Tarik,

Thanks for the reply. I was aware there was a 100 page limit on View logs. However, when I am trying to to view the last 3 months of Admin logs I only get 3 pages which go back to Apr 11 on my 5.1 ACS and 8 pages that go back to Mar 1 on the 5.2 ACS. Is this an known issue or should I log a TAC case? (The admin logs go back a lot further in CLI)

Many Thanks Rod