cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Agent Requirements

noc-cville
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please explain to me the need for 500 gb of disk space for the AD Agent.  This seems like an incredible waste of resourses, especially if you are designing an implementation with a backup agent running...that's a terabyte of disk space needed...Reasons??????                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCtw87812

Documentation: AD agent disk space requirement is documented incorrectly

Symptom:

AD agent documentation states that it needs 500GB of disk space. This should state that the AD Agent requires 100GB of space and recommend 500GB

Conditions:

This is a documentation bug to change the AD Agent disk space requirements to 100GB and recommend 500GB

Workaround:

N/A

I found  adoc bug ob the same. As per the bug details. It should work file with 100 GB.

"AD Agent doesn't need 500 GB. I See that the install guide states so but it is incorrect. The major part of storage needed by AD Agent is for customer logs which is limited to 5 GB in this version. The other consumer of disk space is debug log that the default usage is about 200 MB. 64 K mappings are negligible in size compared to logs. So I think it is safe to install AD Agent with about 20 -50 GB disk available. But this limit should be verified by the test team. In comparison the new version will have a requirement of 100 GB only."

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCtw87812

Documentation: AD agent disk space requirement is documented incorrectly

Symptom:

AD agent documentation states that it needs 500GB of disk space. This should state that the AD Agent requires 100GB of space and recommend 500GB

Conditions:

This is a documentation bug to change the AD Agent disk space requirements to 100GB and recommend 500GB

Workaround:

N/A

I found  adoc bug ob the same. As per the bug details. It should work file with 100 GB.

"AD Agent doesn't need 500 GB. I See that the install guide states so but it is incorrect. The major part of storage needed by AD Agent is for customer logs which is limited to 5 GB in this version. The other consumer of disk space is debug log that the default usage is about 200 MB. 64 K mappings are negligible in size compared to logs. So I think it is safe to install AD Agent with about 20 -50 GB disk available. But this limit should be verified by the test team. In comparison the new version will have a requirement of 100 GB only."

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin