cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Profiler Not Working with FQDN in 2.4

paul
Level 10
Level 10

In version prior to 2.4 ISE was able to utilize two sources of information to do the AD lookup for the AD profiler:

1. DHCP hostname information obtained from device sensor/IP helper forwarding.
  2. FQDN obtained from reverse DNS lookup when DNS profiler is open.

In 2.4, I am only seeing AD profiler work when I get DHCP hostname.  Is that functioning as designed for a bug?

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What patch level is your ISE 2.4? I've seen some problem with ISE 2.4 Patch 1.

Patch 1 going to patch 2 this weekend.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not tried Patch 2 in our training lab yet. I only noticed that our ISE 2.4 update lab having this issue with Patch 1 but working fine without this patch.

Hsing,

I just upgraded my large 20 node deployment to patch 2 and retested the DNS profiling feeding into the AD profiler.

I deleted my test endpoint and did a clear access-session on the port. This only forces the reauth, but will not force a new DHCP from the computer. ISE learned the MAC address and the DNS profiler did correctly put in the FQDN, but the AD profiler never kicked in.

I think shut/no shut the port to force a DHCP. Device sensor learned the DHCP hostname, feed it to ISE and immediately the AD profiler ran.

Do you need me to open a TAC case on this to get a bug going or because you have seen it in the lab you can file the bug?