Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a custom field to ISE Hotspot Portal

rodrigo.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hi folks,

Anyone knows if it is possible to add a custom field in Cisco Hotspot Portal. For instance, my customer wanna ask wifi users about the "service number" before them access the free Internet connection, but it is not necessary to validate agaist a database those "service numbers", but we must be able to see them in a report later. There is no requirements to create a new login.

Is that possible? Is ISE able to do such simple thing? If yes, could you guys send me some How-To link or doc?

Tks Guys

3 Replies 3

igor.virgilio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rodrigo, 

Did you get any solution to your problem? I'd like the same scenario. It almost like web passthough in WLC, but instead email input, I'd like a custom field. And after that this user should be identified using this custom field.

Thank you

Hi Igor,

Unfortunately it is necessary to develop an external web page to be able to do such simple thing and is not possible to use ISE portal builder to execute this.

HTH

Rodrigo Alves

I suppose if you are in a bind, you could create a self-registration portal, and remove all other fields, than username, and add a custom field to enter the service number in, then make those two required. If you let the user login from the success page, it should work without the user manually having to log in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: