cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow ISE captive portal DNS entry on outside DNS.

kshah2589
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are having ISE for EAP/TACACS authentication and, hosted internally in our datacenter.

Now we have configured BYOD captive portal that tied to AZURE SAML authentication, the current captive portal redirect URL from ISE has prepended the node name of ISE server within the URL. However, our requirements are to use external DNS servers for this particular scenario in which captive portal URL resolve to internal IP by external DNS server as well the captive portal will use different hostname and domain name. I would like to know what steps we need to follow to achieve the same goal.

32 Replies 32

kshah2589
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like reload works but will keep testing and let you know if any issue.

We didn't get it how reload fixed the issue?

Regards,

Kunal Shah

I think we did all we could without being Cisco ISE Development Engineers and debug the application under the hood! When you reach a dead end, then sometimes a reboot is the only logical thing left to do. I am glad it worked but you probably won't get an answer why. Some things in life are just not worth pursuing.

My 2c regarding ISE:

• Keep patching.
  • Keep upgrading.
  • Don't do VM snapshots
  • If ISE starts behaving abnormally despite all the loving care and feeding (patching/upgrading), then rebuild ISE from scratch (import users, devices - but don't use a config backup) - that gives a good foundation for happiness.

kshah2589
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much for your wise words.