Views
Helpful
Replies

Allowing only dot interfaces on a Bundle

network_geek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am working on Cisco Secure ACS for IOS-XR and I want help from experts out there. I want to globally deny if someone could remove the whole bundle(e.g: no interface Bundle-Ether10) but can do both of the following on the dot interfaces only:

a): no interface Bundle-Ether10.10

b): configure interface Bundle-Ether10.10.

I am currently working using regular expressions but I am at lost. Mind you that the biggest bundle name is 1422(4 digits).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I understand your question, you don't want to allow any changes to Bundle-Ether10 but you still want to allow access/changes to sub-interfaces such as Bundle-Ether10.10.  Is that correct?  And you want to allow anything to happen to any Bundle-Ether other than Bundle-Ether10.  If so, try the following:

^\w*\s*interface\sBundle-Ether10$

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hard to say what specific regex to use for your situation since we don't know what the rest of your command-set looks like.  But if you only wanted to match the examples you gave, you could try the following:

^no\sinterface\sBundle-Ether\d{1,}\.\d{1,}$ - This would match if someone tried to enter "no interface Bundle-Ether10.10".  \d is any digit and "{1,}" is 1 or more.  "\." is specifically a period.  "$" is end of line.

A really good website for learning and testing regex is at https://regex101.com

Hi Colby,

Thank you so much for your response. The website says that this can been done, I will also check it in my environment and see if it works smoothly. Moreover, I have globally permitted all commands that are not present in my list hence I need to only disallow a few. I hope this will solve my problem. I will get back to you with updates.

Is there a way if I could only stop commands for Bundle-Ether10 only, both no and any interface configuration commands? I have globally permitted all commands and doing so would allow me to accept all but reject the global interface only.

If I understand your question, you don't want to allow any changes to Bundle-Ether10 but you still want to allow access/changes to sub-interfaces such as Bundle-Ether10.10.  Is that correct?  And you want to allow anything to happen to any Bundle-Ether other than Bundle-Ether10.  If so, try the following:

^\w*\s*interface\sBundle-Ether10$

Hi Colby,

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm. I am, however, stuck on a different task now.