cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any good references on AAA?

crose
Level 1
Level 1

I have the ACS server user manual, the CCSP study guide(SECUR), Netowrk seurity architectures, and managaing Cisco networking security. I can't seem to find a SINGLE good reference on the subject of setting up an enterprise AAA infrastructure. Other than the users manual the amount of books or docs on the ACS server is almost nil, the bits and pices I can find scattered on teh cisco website are just tidbits on how to set up BASIC authentication. The AAA commmand to tie down the console on the router is undocumented for crying out loud!

I have been openeing TAC cases right and left trying to get issues resolved that could have never been isues at all had proper documentation been available. On several calls , Cisco engineers themselves admitted the documentation and training available for the ACS server and AAA in general is pretty subpar to non existant. For somethign so critical, I would think there would be more available. I can't even get a basic logic flow diagram for the ACS that explains how all NAR's etc are applied and how to debug this thing if it's not working. Looked and ther is not a SINGLe calss available for ACS.

Any help or pointers for this is appreciated as I'm about ready to pull my hair out!

5 Replies 5

sirpa_k
Level 1
Level 1

You may try searching for documents on AAA on cisco.com. I have seen some casestudies on other technologies. May be for ACS Server deployment also there could be some.

Thanks

u r right that ACS lacks single comprehensive documentation. Back to the topic, what’s ur issue.

Amin

Dudes,

I was also looking for a good book on AAA when i found this.

http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587051249

Already pre-ordered it for quick delivery.

I think outside of actually taking the class on AAA, there aren't any detailed books on AAA.

What do you think about this book?

Thanks.

A very good ref for AAA is an older book I have had for years, but it is still very timely:

(Cisco Press) Cisco IOS 12.0 Network Security

published in 1999.

More AAA than you could ever want.

Scott