Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect 4.2 and Visual C++ Computer crash

ahurtadove
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm having issues installing anyconnect v4.2.05015 in some devices in our network. Most of the PCs and Notebooks are HP but the issue is difficult to identify as almost every device is more or less the same, maybe some other versions of dirvers and software. Some computers needed to have the HP Connection Manager uninstalled as NAM is being installed also and it seems that sometimes this fix is needed but in some other computers it is not needed to uninstall this Software.

The real issue begins with some computers (maybe 2% of a 600+ deployment) are showing this problem that when deployed and restarted, in the login screen we recieve a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library error that states "This application requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unsual way. plase call support.. blahblah" and the user cannot login, so we have to return to a restore point because it completely breaks the computer and this message is displayed repeatedly. This is done via safe boot. As you can see this is really a problem as it seems that anyconnect will break our computers because some sort of incompatibility.

Release notes and general documentation has not been very helpful.

Have you found this error before? How were you able to find a solution?

Thank you in advance. 

5 Replies 5

Awhitman12
Level 1
Level 1

Were you ever able to find a solution to this issue?  We are seeing something similar with Anyconnect also affecting a small number of devices in a large deployment.  As of now we can only temporarily fix the issue by uninstalling Anyconnect via safe mode.

Edit:  we found the issue to be an interaction with Intel True Key software.  Removing True Key resolved the issue.

Not sure if the OP ever figured out their issue... But, for us, we found the issue was being caused by some factory installed Intel software on the Laptops (*Dell I believe), and after uninstalling it the error went away.

If you want to know the exact Intel application that we uninstalled to fix the problem just let me know and I'll comment back tomorrow with the program's name.

Thanks,Matt

Thanks for replying but we actually got this sorted out this morning.  It was Intel True Key security software for anyone else who sees this and may be wondering.

Yup, you are correct. I just checked with a colleague and it was Intel True Key. After we uninstalled that in Safe Mode, I believe, the error went away.

-Matt

THank you for your input, I have not been able to resolve this issue yet but I believe we have the same software, I will need to check with clients again and see their software.

I did see in a user that the C++ 2013 software recently updated as it created a restore point before, then after installing anyconnect the issue happened again.

edit: we can only recover after restoring to an earlier point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: