cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect 4.2 - Wired and Wireless Simultaneous Connections?

David Pease
Level 1
Level 1

I have been researching the Anyconnect NAM along with ISE for a while now, but I have been unsuccessful in finding an answer to my question.   Is is possible to have both a 803.x Wired conenction and an 802.1x Wireless Connection to be connected at the same time using Anyconnect 4.2?

I have tried many different ways to install and configure, but it seems that when I enable one, the other disconnects.

Thank You, 

David

7 Replies 7

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Don't think so, most users wan't this to happen, since you otherwise will potentially will get problems with routing and route distance/metrics.

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What Jan said :) Basically, this is done by design as otherwise Windows would not know how to route packets out of itself :) What are you trying to achive and the reasoning behind needing both connectins active?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I have a need to use AC 4.2 (NAM module) to use 802.1x for wired connections at our facilities.  However, we have operation tech's that go into the field and connect their ethernet port to a device for troubleshooting purposes or first time setups.  These connections have no direct network/internet connection off of them, only to the gui for configuration purposes.  They will then connect to their mobile hotspot and VPN into our secure network to compare to other same type devices.  Carrying around two laptops for this single purpose is not feasible.

Hi

you got any solution for this...

If the user has Admin privileges they can stop the Anyconnect NAM network service.

Click the "gear" icon in the Anyconnect user interface (from the system tray). Then under the Network tab, choose "Disabled" for the Network Service.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, definitely not.

Restriction to a single connection is a feature of AnyConnect NAM and thus it is working as designed. The logic is that a given network profile's security policy could be compromised if a second connection was able to be simultaneously active.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Old thread - but, no - this is not allowed by design. AnyConnect NAM enforces policy that only a single connection may be active at a given time.