Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 4.3 - Your network is configured to use Cisco NAC Agent

Brian Looney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to bring up a new ISE 2.1 server with AnyConnect 4.3 as the 802.1x supplicant. I have a MacBook with the 4.3 client and policies are in place on the new server. Does anyone know where this message comes from - Your network is configured to use Cisco NAC Agent? When I try and connect, it says System Scanning and comes back with this message???  From what I can tell, I only have 'things' setup for AnyConnect. Thanks

4 Replies 4

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Are you actually trying to use the posture feature in ISE ? Sounds like you installed the posture plugin in anyconnect, but you haven't configured ISE to do posture.

Can't speak for the OP but I have the same message coming up from an ISE install that is successfully doing posture for PC's with the NAC Agent installed. Im unsure where ISE has to be configured to use the anyConnect agent rather than NAC. I have only just started looking into it.

For what its worth, we had to load an anyconnect image into ISE and configure a client provisioning policy/resource for AnyConnect (In 1.4, that is Policy -> Policy Elements -> Results -> Client Provisioning). There is a bunch of documentation on this process. Eg. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/118714-configure-ise-00.html

Check the clientprovisioning rules.You need to have Anyconnct as NAC agent.This is if your using posturing.