Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect deployment via SCCM

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

I got these commands from Cisco documents to deploy AnyConnect silently to a bunch of PC as part of migration project. This is make sure that there is really no user interaction when this AnyConnect push is happening.

Commands: msiexec /package anyconnect-win-4.7.04056-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi /norestart /passive /lvx* log24.log

When I run this command, the log files gives out this error here:
MSI (s) (68:78) [18:59:52:585]: Product: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client -- The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client requires Administrator Privileges to install. Please try again with another user.
As far as I know, the user that I have been using is a admin user, yet this error is reported.

So, then I removed the /passive parameter and but, then I had to intervene and click on Next and Finish, to complete the setup.

Is this something normal or there is some more tweaking needed for this command to allow SCCM to make the push?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Found out the issue. The issue was with the way we were running the command and that was manually.
That was the reason it was prompting for user input.
When the command was pushed from SCCM, all worked like a charm and AnyConnect was installed on the workstation without the need of any user intervention.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Found out the issue. The issue was with the way we were running the command and that was manually.
That was the reason it was prompting for user input.
When the command was pushed from SCCM, all worked like a charm and AnyConnect was installed on the workstation without the need of any user intervention.

Were you able to push the vpn profile as well so the user has the URL pre-populated when they go to login?

If so, please share that process if you don't mind?

Regards,

I have not tried pushing the profile manually for VPN.
But then you can use the profile editor to create one and push it via AnyConnect configuration from ISE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: