Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect does not recognize disk encryption

RodrigoCamino
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

I am trying to connect to a VPN using AnyConnect but the System Scan keeps failing with "The disk is not encrypted" error message, even though my hard drive is encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually, Bitlocker is displayed in the Security Products screen (see screenshot). I have tried to decrypt the disk and encrypt it again, but I keep getting the same error.

Any ideas about posible reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is an old old thread that got reused and for the second time responses have stopped.

Best to call TAC to assist with troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I would look at how your posture conditions are configured in ISE. There is a chance that something may be misconfigured that is causing your issue. Are there other clients having the same issue? Can you share how the posture condition is setup?

alvarovb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have the same problem. I use Windows 10, 64bits. Everything has been working for a long time without any problem, and last Friday the error about The disk is not encrypted appeared. I switch off and on again Bitlocker, and same result. I uninstalled everything and installed it again: same error. Version of Anyconnect is 4.9.06037. There is no usb connected to the laptop. All the mandatory windows updates are installed (but not the optional - drivers).

I'd really appreciate any hint about how to fix this

Thank you so much in advance

Hi @alvarovb ,

please take a look at: CSCvw10682 MAC OS Big Sur 11.0 Beta w/ harddrives encrypted w/ FileVault are failing as disk posture condition

Although it's related to MAC OS, it's worth the shot to check (and test) under: Policy > Policy Elements > Conditions > Posture > Disk Encryption Condition:

Encryption State is enabled

Hope this helps !!!

Thank you so much, Marcelo.

I'm afraid that it's not my case, as in my case All hard drives options is marked.
The strange thing is that this stopped working overnight, after more than a year working like a charm. I cannot imagine what can make the encryption check to return this result... I'm sure it must be some little thingy... but which one?

Might this be related to any driver update? all the Windows updates are installed, the optional drivers update no...

I don't know what else to check

Any help is very appreciated!

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please share how you have the disk encryption condition configured.  Also, have you tested other AC versions with the same condition?

Hello Mike, thank you for your answer. Disc encryption condition is "all internal drives fully encrypted". Yes, I tried with two versions of AC. Same result

Hi,

in the Bitlocker window, in the additional options where it says manage hard drives (right, bottom), I've just found out this, It looks like there are two partitions and they are not encrypted. Strange, as I was not aware of them, and I don't recall to have changed anything for them to appear right before Anyconnect returned that error. Can you advise on this?

This is an old old thread that got reused and for the second time responses have stopped.

Best to call TAC to assist with troubleshooting.

Thank you Thomas, how can I contact TAC?

Hi @alvarovb ,

to contact TAC, please take a look at: Support & Download, search for My Support.

Hope this helps !!!