ISE 2.3p1(post 10-18-2017 update) VM, running on HyperV 2012R2
I know the wireless wizard is beta.
But it doesn't matter so far what wireless wizard I try to run, they all get to the "Wireless LAN Controller" screen...and just sits there spinning at 'loading..." on what I am assuming is step 1?
I tried this before the p1 update, I tried it on the original p1 update, and on the corrected p1 update. All the same result.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have it working with a fresh install of 2.3 patch 1
You should have been asked to enable it?
Make sure you’re running 8 gig ram
Please check the following guide for all the details
|ISE PROCESS NAME||STATE||PROCESS ID|
|Database Server||running||91 PROCESSES|
|ISE Indexing Engine||running||10929|
|M&T Session Database||running||5675|
|M&T Log Collector||running||9566|
|M&T Log Processor||running||9477|
|Certificate Authority Service||running||12472|
|SXP Engine Service||disabled|
|Wifi Setup Helper Container||running||12161|
|Wifi Setup Helper Vault||running||42|
|Wifi Setup Helper MongoDB||running||15|
|Wifi Setup Helper Web Server||running||245|
|Wifi Setup Helper Auth Service||running||127|
|Wifi Setup Helper Main Service||running||167|
...skipping one line
|pxGrid Infrastructure Service||disabled|
|pxGrid Publisher Subscriber Service||disabled|
|pxGrid Connection Manager||disabled|
|PassiveID WMI Service||running||12987|
|PassiveID Syslog Service||running||13676|
|PassiveID API Service||running||14051|
|PassiveID Agent Service||running||14643|
|PassiveID Endpoint Service||running||15171|
|PassiveID SPAN Service||running||16003|
|DHCP Server (dhcpd)||disabled|
|DNS Server (named)||disabled|
I have not reached out to TAC yet, haven't had a lot of time for troubleshooting, but that will eventually be an option.
Good luck with TAC. I opened a ticket with them on this exact same issue on October 5th. They have sent me a total of two messages. One when I first opened the ticket and one after I requested a new TAC agent when I had gone 8 days without response. Today is my 10th day without a response from the new TAC agent. In the message that my second TAC agent sent me, one of the links contained: CSCvg65262 - easy wireless setup not working with wlc 8.5.105 code. If you manage to solve this problem please let us know.
Wow what a coincidence, Its nice to meet you Jason. I was surprised to find that ticket. I had never seen one that I couldn't read the details of. So in relation to the ticket you created. I was running 8.5.105 and then downgraded to 184.108.40.206 and nothing changed. So its possibly larger than just that one version of the firmware.
As a side note, I was able to find errors in the wifisetup_xenia.log file there is an “Error invoking API to get all Network Devices”. It says that it is a Generic HTTPS error code 401. Also listed in the log is a long line of Java errors.
If you find yourself free and want to look at the case the case number is 683391987.
Its not something that I need at this moment. But it is a problem and rather than doing a work around that is cumbersome, I would rather just solve the problem. So instead of going the long way of solving the problem, I submitted the ticket in hopes that TAC could look at my logs, find the bug, fix it and everyone would be better off for it.
My install is a single instance for now. It doesn't matter which wireless wizard I try to run, they all stall at the same spot. I spoke with TAC, and they don't understand the issue so far either. The last I spoke with TAC; the tech was supposedly escalating, but sent me documents on how to do the setups manually. So I have done that for the guest wifi for the time being, but would REALLY like to have the wizard working for other setups.