Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication failed

lucina.donhue
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am getting "Authentication failed: 22040 Wrong password or invalid shared secret" message on ISE whenever any user wants to join the network.

Any info on this will be appreciated !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Possible Causes is the user or device may not be supplying the correct credentials or RADIUS key to match with the external authentication source.

Please verify that the user credentials that are entered on the client machine are correct, and verify that the RADIUS server shared secret is correctly configured in both the NAD and Cisco ISE (they should be the same).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

Obvious question: have you defined the relevant network device in ISE?

is this a new installation or one that has previously been operational?

What release / versions are being run?

Have you run any of the migration tools from ACS?

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Possible Causes is the user or device may not be supplying the correct credentials or RADIUS key to match with the external authentication source.

Please verify that the user credentials that are entered on the client machine are correct, and verify that the RADIUS server shared secret is correctly configured in both the NAD and Cisco ISE (they should be the same).

Hello Ravi.....

Your answer is perfect..It really helped me out.....

Thank you...........

my credentials have not been changed and I was able to connect, with no problem, yesterday

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: