Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automate ISE related alarms via API

Hello,

I was looking for a resource to automate Cisco ISE related alarms that is shown on Home page by sending a specific APIs to get all these data as we have a large number of ISE deployments and it's very hard to access each deployment to check these alarms, so I figured out if there was any APIs available to query ISE related alarms would be very helpful. I'm using ISE 2.7

CCIE#61688 - Security
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no API that can retrieve Alarm information as they are only triggered at that point in time. A better solution would be to use a central Syslog server solution (like Splunk) that all ISE clusters use as an external target. You would then build dashboards/reports/queries on that platform to highlight alarms for investigation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no API that can retrieve Alarm information as they are only triggered at that point in time. A better solution would be to use a central Syslog server solution (like Splunk) that all ISE clusters use as an external target. You would then build dashboards/reports/queries on that platform to highlight alarms for investigation.

Thanks a lot Greg, I thought that as well from API documenetation guide so I was just wanted to make sure it's not currently supported.

CCIE#61688 - Security