Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic AAA IAS /Radius Configuration

makkers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am looking for a really basic AAA Radius login configuration for my Cat4507 to authenticate to MS IAS.

I have reviewed all documentation on cisco website and am clearly having trouble understanding this!!(user error)

Btw, I can ping my raduis server ok so its there!

Appreciate any pointers.

Many thx.

2 Replies 2

sedlacek1
Level 1
Level 1

makkers,

Did you ever get a response?

I have had limited success, but am still in the process of refining my final config for 6500 (IOS), 2970s, & 3550s using 2003 Server w/ IAS.

I just tore everything down and am rebuilding it all so I can get it properly documented for the next guy.

sedlacek2@peoplepc.com

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Try this:

Once you have entered the RADIUS "secret" on the Cisco device and saved the config, cut & paste the encrypted version into the IAS/RADIUS servers's "secret" field.

I don't remember for sure, but I think Cisco is sending the encrypted "secret," not the clear text version. If you enter the clear text version on the IAS, it won't match the scrambled version that the Cisco device is sending.

There is also a setting in IAS for the type of RADIUS server you want to look like, with "Cisco" being one of the choices. IIRC, that setting has more to do with the attribute-value pairs than the format of how the secret is transmitted.

Good Luck

Scott