cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to change configs remotely for switching from ACS to ISE?

enzo80
Level 1
Level 1

i want to change my devices from acs to ISE doing it remotely without getting disconnected  by changing the configs,

do you recommend  tftping download the config to the devices and save it as startup config?

am guessing if i delete aaa commands while SSHing , i will get locked out of the device, so what are your recommendations?

i don't want to use migration tool

Should i do the configurations on ISE first then add the aaa template commands on all devices?

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First make sure you have Local account Fall back before you lock out yourself.

second i will add ISE as secondary server, Primary as ACS.

On ACS Side, the device you like to Migrate to ISE, Remove the Key , try to Login, this time (if the config is good) it fall back to ISE and get authenticated, if that success, you remove ACS config and save config).

make sense ?

If that is tested 1 or 2 devices, you can use any scripting or any tools to make this automated and test it.

You still have Local account in case any failures to recovery.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First make sure you have Local account Fall back before you lock out yourself.

second i will add ISE as secondary server, Primary as ACS.

On ACS Side, the device you like to Migrate to ISE, Remove the Key , try to Login, this time (if the config is good) it fall back to ISE and get authenticated, if that success, you remove ACS config and save config).

make sense ?

If that is tested 1 or 2 devices, you can use any scripting or any tools to make this automated and test it.

You still have Local account in case any failures to recovery.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help