Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3850 Stack SGACE limit

Hey,

I'm currently setting up a lab environment for TrustSec with a couple of C3850. In the specification it says that the shared TCAM limits the maximum count of SGACEs to 1375 "per system".

I was wondering if that "per system" refers to physical switches, or also to stacks with multiple switches. Having many clients with multiple different SGTs and SGACEs on the same stack could lead to issues very quickly if that's an absolute limit.

br,
Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthumula
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Chris.. The SGACE limit remains same (1375) irrespective of the number of switches in the stack. Since the switch stack uses the memory of the Master switch, the memory remains same for all the stack members.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kthumula
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Chris.. The SGACE limit remains same (1375) irrespective of the number of switches in the stack. Since the switch stack uses the memory of the Master switch, the memory remains same for all the stack members.

Hi,

well, I was afraid this would be the case. I don't know yet how many unique ACEs I'm going to need, but this could get interesting

thanks for your answers, they are really helpful!

br,

Chris

mjessup
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Also, the 1375 that Karthik mentions is ONLY for an L3 ACL. For L4 which is what will be used for SGACLs that number is actually cut in half.

Mike