Views
Helpful
Replies

can i create differnet groups on my acs for juniper & cisco boxes

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i want to use an acs appliance i have for tacacs authentication for both juniper and cisco devices

my issues is that i use the same username but differnet passwords for juniper and for cisco

is it possible to use the same username but different passwords for different vendor devices

i can't see how it can be done but i have to ask

thanks to anyone taking the time to reply or to read this

greatly appreciated

1 Reply 1

Federico Ziliotto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In ACS internal database (and in most common databases in general) the user-to-password mapping is one-to-one.
So as long as the same user is configured to access both Juniper and Cisco devices, the same password must be used too.

A way I could think to work this around would be to create the same user (with different passwords) on two different databases (like the internal one and AD, for example).

Then, through a Network Access Profile (NAP) on ACS, you can enforce to check the user's credentials against a specific database for Juniper devices and against the other database for Cisco devices.

Regards,

Fede

--
If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.