Hi,

Is this possible?

Marlon

3 Replies 3

mauzamor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Well.. the ACS 5.x is an authentication server and you can authenticate users from the internal/external databases, if what you want is to give restricted access to some particular accounts (guest users) then yes, you can create a Shell Profile and Command Set specifically for them.

This can be done from Policy Elements/Default Device Administration.

Not sure if this answers your question or if you need more details.

Hi,

Im using acs as a authentication for network devices, intranet wifi users, now my concern is for our guest users, somthing like to generate random user accounts and password.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

There is no a specific feature in the ACS to automatically generate random users/password, but you can definitely create them manually yourself under Users and Identity Stores/Users.

You can create the guest account there and assign those users to a guest group as well.

Here is the documentation just in case:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/user/guide/users_id_stores.html#wp1287418

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: