cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we make Identity source sequence from ISE user?

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi I created user accounts in ISE via "Administrator --- Identity Management --- Identities --- Users". When I am trying to create "Identity Source Sequence", I cannot see the user accounts that I created in ISE via "Administrator --- Identity Management --- Identity Source Sequences --- + Add". Please see the below screenshot.  Is it possible to put the users accouts(user info) into that available database to create Identity Source Sequence? Thanks

1.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All the Users You have created under Identity Management  stored in Internal Users DB, you can see them from the Identity Management Tab, except that you can't access the ISE DB directly.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @interfacedy ,

When you create a user on ISE it is placed on Internal Users Identity SourceThe use of Identity Source Sequence is to combine multiple Identity Sources into one Logical Authentication Source (Identity Source Sequence), these Identities Sources are processed from top to down.

Hope that helps.

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

You did change your question, the users you have created are under Internal Users ISE DB, Select that Identity Source and check the Superior sign to add it into the Identity Source Sequence.

1.PNG

Thank you Amine! Can I see the users that I created are in Internal Users, and I want to see what other users are in there? 

All the Users You have created under Identity Management  stored in Internal Users DB, you can see them from the Identity Management Tab, except that you can't access the ISE DB directly.

I retrieved data succefully based on the below picture, but i cannot see these users info in "Administrator --- Identity Management --- Identities --- Users".  Is this normal? Thanks

Capture.PNG

Hello @interfacedy ,

I think you misunderstood me, That's External Identity Source these Users are stored in AD DS not ISE, the Internal Users Identity Store contains Users you have created in ISE, and ISE groups exist under Administration -> Identity Management -> Groups.

Your capture shows the groups existing in Active directory not ISE.

@Amine ZAKARIA wrote:

Your capture shows the groups existing in Active directory not ISE.

It means user account data in Active directory never goes into ISE? and it also means the data retrieved above can only be see through ISE gui, but it never exist in ISE, correct? Thanks

@interfacedy 

Correct, you retrieve these groups for being used in Authorization Policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: