cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot import devices in ISE

frodriguez1982
Level 1
Level 1

hi team, i have this trouble in my Cisco ISE cannot bulk masive import in file .csv and utilzed same sample ISE

• in the organization have 300 switch
  • bulk import in CSV and multiples error
    • ex:
      • alphanumeric file
      • Header Name:String(32):Required is missing

have any idea
6 Replies 6

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I would recommend creating a device or two similar to what you will be importing, then export the devices to CSV. This will give you an example and the template to work from. From the messages you shared, it sounds like you may have saved the file as an XLS file, or removed the header row from the CSV. You should have no issues importing 300 network devices, I have done this many times, it just relies on proper formatting.

Hi, I did what he told me.
1-download template
2-export all devices to the template
3-just copy hostname, ip, location.
it didn't work
I export the manual devices that I enter to my computer
1-add each of the teams again
export to hostname
2-the file is loaded,
  I also fail
Any ideas

This should work quite easily. But beware. The exported file is NOT a template. You MUST use the template as a foundation. Copy and paste the data from the exported csv into the template.
I did this the other day to bulk disable SNMP on a lot of devices. I imported all devices into Excel and copied data into the template. Imported into ISE and saved myself hours of clicking around to disable SNMP on hundreds of devices. 

Also ensure that you save the file in standard text/ASCII format. Don’t save in Any other format. What version of ISE?

Arne, version ISE 2.4
TEST ONE
.-download the file in csv and copy and paste only one device for test and appears this error.
* header Name:string(32) is requiered is missing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEST TWO
transport info from another ISE 2.4 and appears this message
-failed value for attribute protocol is mandatory

any suggestion, you can share the template
thanks

The template is available in ISE GUI when you click import devices. There is a hyperlink to download the template. 

open the template in Excel. The you’ll see the headings etc. notice that the import template has some of the fields as seen in the export csv. Cisco should have made those file templates identical. This is causing confusion. 

Me And You
Level 1
Level 1

Solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: