Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot open Reports in ACS 5.6

frodestra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when opening Reports in ACS 5.6 I'm displayed a blank page. I'm using IE 11.0.14 and Java version 7 update 17. Java content is enabled in browser.

Any ideas why its failing? I cannot see any others having the same problem...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

I've got the same problem. I upgraded from ACS 5.4 (latest Patch) to 5.6 (latest Patch). 

Could it be, that the ACS 5.6 needs Flash for the Reports Page? (ISE needs Flash, and the new Reports Page looks a lot like ISE) Flash is deactivated on our Remote Platform and on the customer site because of security issues.

@frodestra: Do you have Flash enabled?

I also restarted the Monitoring ACS and tried different browsers.

Best Regards

Michael

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try using Firefox. I always have problems with any other browsers when dealing with Cisco based GUIs

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

I still encounter the same issue with Firefox :-(

Any help is appreciated!

Hmm that is strange. Have you:

1. Confirmed that all ACS services are running? You can do that from the CLI with the following command:

show applicaiton status acs

2. Restart ACS

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi, 

I've got the same problem. I upgraded from ACS 5.4 (latest Patch) to 5.6 (latest Patch). 

Could it be, that the ACS 5.6 needs Flash for the Reports Page? (ISE needs Flash, and the new Reports Page looks a lot like ISE) Flash is deactivated on our Remote Platform and on the customer site because of security issues.

@frodestra: Do you have Flash enabled?

I also restarted the Monitoring ACS and tried different browsers.

Best Regards

Michael

Did you manage to resolve this?

I have just upgraded an ACS from 5.4 to 5.6 and am seeing exactly the same issue.

No browser will show the reports.

I've restarted the services and also rebooted to no effect.

I too am on the latest patch.

Regards

Roger

Unfortunately not - Do you have Flash running?

Hi Michael

I don't think this is a flash issue but yes I do have flash running.

I found some messages in the ACS logs that show that the view-database size has exceeded it's quota.

There is a method of compressing the database but it takes quite a while to run. I have started the process off and will get my customer to check if the monitoring viewer works once the process is complete.

If you use the Show Tech-Support command from the CLI you can see what size your view-db file is. My was something like 29Gb. I believe that if it gets near the size reserved on the disk the ACS may disable the monitor viewer function. I'll know once the compress has completed.

There is a sub menu called acs-config where you can find the compress commands. There is also one for the main database as well. Here's a useful link that I found:

https://coogee.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/acs-5-x-database-purge/

Regards

Roger

Hi Roger,

that sounds not that good. I changed the Log Collector to the Primary instance which has nearly an emty View-DB. But I also get a blank page there. Seems like a real issue. Do you have an open TAC Case?

Regards

Michael

Hi,

Any news on this issue? Tried several flash enabled browsers to no avail, so opened a TAC case. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Andre

Hi,

Solution for us was cleaning up /opt .

Response regarding TAC:

I’ve checked at the show tech and I noticed that the OPT partition is in a very high percentage

I got this from the output:

/dev/mapper/smosvg-optvol
                      347G  194G  135G  59% /opt

When the partition goes over the 30% the ACS starts to have several issue, from authentication problems to issues accessing the web GUI and mostly, this affects the view-database, which handles part of the Monitoring and reports viewer.

We can clean the OPT partition with a command, but you need to be aware that after doing so, you will lose the logs that are currently stored on ACS and no reports will be seen on the report viewer after this is done.

To clean the OPT partition :

Login to ACS CLI:

#acs-config
-It will prompt you for username and password,
You should enter the GUI credentials.

-once in:
#acsview replace-cleandb

This will stop the ACS services and the process actually takes a while, you can check the acs processes status by executing:

#show application status acs

Al processes should be running after the cleaning finishes

I installed Flash Active X and voilà  the Reports are working. Thanks for the input :-)

I find it strange though that Flash is not mentioned anywhere in the release notes for 5.6.

Hi Michael

Excellent news. Was it any particular version of Flash Active X?

My database compression made absolutely no difference and the file size was only compressed from 29Gb to 26Gb so that was a waste of time.

I'll try the Flash Active X as you suggest.

Regards

Roger

Hello folks,

I confirm this. With Flash enabled, the Reporting works.

I also had a TAC case but without a hint towards the Flash problem... Thankfully my customer could enable Flash again.

Regards

Michael

Good job on figuring out the solution and for taking the time to come back and post it here (+5 from me)