Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot see installed applications under context visibility for postured devices

ckumar2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings,

I would like to confirm if we are hitting a bug or I am missing something. I tested ISE 2.3 and ISE 2.2. We have created simple application condition and posture check works fine, however, we go to context visibility, Endpoint and under "Application" we do not see any application for which endpoint passed application check. In my test, I created an application condition to check if FBMessenger_2_x is installedScreen Shot 2018-01-26 at 3.44.43 PM.png Posture report shows passed

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 3.46.52 PM.png

I used latest AC posture compliance module and AC version 4.5.0304 and AC posture module 4.2.1331.0. I run posture update, no luck

Any assistance on this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Chandan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I think you need to use the application visibility condition and apply it to your posture rules.  The one built into 2.3 for Windows is "Default_AppVis_Condition_Win".  Add that to your posture rules and you should see applications.  You can turn on persistent checking to in the posture settings.

Check this link out for more info:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-22/210514-ISE-2-2-Client-Provisioning-and-Applicat.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I think you need to use the application visibility condition and apply it to your posture rules.  The one built into 2.3 for Windows is "Default_AppVis_Condition_Win".  Add that to your posture rules and you should see applications.  You can turn on persistent checking to in the posture settings.

Check this link out for more info:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-22/210514-ISE-2-2-Client-Provisioning-and-Applicat.html

ckumar2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you, Paul, it seems using default condition, I was able to see all application condition.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Chandan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: